Cooperative Extension Resources
- Local Government Center – UW’s Local Government Center offers informational wislines for local officials and interested citizens. A list of monthly sessions is posted on the bulletin board outside the UWEX office in the Pierce County Office Building, or contact (715-273-6781) for more information.
- Center for Community Economic Development – The Center’s website offers a wide variety of useful information including information on the current foreclosure situation in Pierce County.
- Environmental Resources Center
- Center for Land Use Education
- BioEnergy Forum
- Sustainability Team Capacity Center website
- Pierce County Government (includes municipality info)
- Job Center of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Department of Natural Resources
- Water and Environmental Analysis Lab, UW Stevens Point
- Wisconsin Office of Recovery and Reinvestment – Stimulus programs and funding information.
- US Census Bureau – Pierce County
BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
- Small Business Development Center – Information and counseling for those starting on owning a business. The SBDC and UWEX offer periodic Small Business Counseling Days for one-on-one assistance. Please call (715-273-6781) for more information or to schedule and appointment.
- Pierce County Economic Development Corporation
- Travel Pierce County
- The SCORE Association – Counselor’s to America’s Small Business.
- St. Croix Valley Job Center – Serving the communities of Baldwin, Bay City, Beldenville, Deer Park, East Ellsworth, Ellsworth, Elmwood, Emerald, Glenwood City, Hager CIty, Hammond, Hudson, Maiden Rock, New Richmond, Plum City, Prescott, River Falls, ROberts, Saint Joseph, Somerset, Spring Valley, Star Prairie, WIlson and Woodville.