” 4-H Youth Development volunteers are valued partners in working with youth! Volunteers help make 4-H possible. Wisconsin’s youth need your help “to make the best better.” “
Are you looking for…?
- 4H Online Enrollment Information including How to.., Project, and Literature guides, as well as Club Finder Map
- Upcoming Events 4-H events and activities
- Forms like Charters, Trips, Scholarships, 4-H Awards Nominations, Adult Advisors- Reimbursement & Charge Card Purchases
- Club Meeting Minutes
- 4-H History, Pledge, Emblems & Symbols
- 4-H Name and Emblem Fact Sheet
- Rain Barrels: Information on the Older Members Fundraiser, how to order, what is a rain barrel, etc.
4-H Welcome Guides
Welcome to the Family! WI 4-H
There are many exciting ways you can be part of 4-H and the University of Wisconsin. Local 4-H clubs and 4-H special emphasis groups need you and the county 4-H program offers other leadership opportunities for you. Download the Count Yourself in 4-H Brochure for some of the many ways you can “count yourself in 4-H.”
Are your project meetings really making a difference for the 4-H members? Have you ever wondered how to put more punch into the project meeting? Do you know where to go for resources for the project meetings? Check out the resources at the NEW 4-H Project Leader Resources
WI 4-H Project Website: http://fyi.uwex.edu/wi4hprojects/
Select a project and you’ll usually find:
- descriptions of project curriculum
- 4-H events and activities that support the project
- county fair exhibiting ideas and suggestions
- Internet links to related sites
- sources of more information.
Club Officers are a special leadership opportunity. The State 4-H Volunteer Website has publications on the club roles such as President, Vice President, Secretary, etc. You can download the materials from Iowa State University Extension using the links provided on the site: http://fyi.uwex.edu/wi4hvolunteers/clubs-and-groups/4-h-club-and-groupcommittee-management/4-h-club-officer-and-youth-leader-training-resources/
- Communications The Communications competency is focused on the ability to create, deliver and interpret information effectively through formal and non-formal means.
- Organization The Organization competency is rooted in the ability to engage others in planning, providing and delivering positive 4-H youth development programming in a community.
- 4-H Program Management The 4-H Program Management competency ensures that volunteers understand and follow appropriate policies, procedures and safety guidelines, when acting on behalf of Extension.
- Educational Design & Delivery The Educational Design & Delivery competency prepares volunteers to plan, implement and evaluate research based learning opportunities that effectively promote positive personal development.
- Positive Youth Development The Positive Youth Development competency equips volunteers to intentionally and appropriately apply the principles and best practices that result in the positive development of youth.
- Interpersonal Characteristics The Interpersonal Characteristics competency fosters the ability to develop effective relationships, work competently with individuals and groups and express empathy and understanding for others.
Do you agonize over 4-H record keeping? Now you can organize your market livestock project information on your iPhone or iPad and send customized reports right to your email inbox.
• Track your 4-H’ers and their individual livestock project animals
• Track participation in events, meetings, shows, contests and more
• Record animal weights, feed, and health and monitor average daily gains
• Enter project income, expenses, and assets to generate financial statements
• Use photos to customize each 4-H’er and animal
• Export reports to analyze in spreadsheets, create graphs, or use in your state or local 4-H record keeping forms
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Tractor Supply Company, National 4-H Council brings you this easy, flexible way to keep all your 4-H market livestock records all together in one place.
So stop writing animal weights on feed sacks and trying to re-create records from calendars, checkbooks and faded receipts. There’s a better way!
For more information about 4-H please visit the 4-H website.
RELATED LINKS OF INTEREST